Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 4
South Asia Check / February 5, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Trip to India cancelled after Dalai Lama slated to attend event” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from parliament secretariat in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Dahal’s U-turn!” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front and another source close to Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Rift among TRC members comes to fore” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission twice.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
In Public InterestNARC grappling with manpower shortage At the Nepal Agricultural Research Council, the government-sanctioned positions are already insuffic... Read More
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?