Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 4
South Asia Check / February 5, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Trip to India cancelled after Dalai Lama slated to attend event” by Narendra Saud datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from parliament secretariat in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Dahal’s U-turn!” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a leader from the United Democratic Madhesi Front and another source close to Prime Minister Pushpa Kamal Dahal.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Rift among TRC members comes to fore” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Truth and Reconciliation Commission twice.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements