Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 5
South Asia Check / February 6, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Nepali Congress suspicious of Prime Minister Dahal” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Govt planning BIMSTEC Summit in June” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It has no byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Inaccurate visibility info, parking bay, messes up TIA” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed captain from Nepal Airlines Corporation, a senior director with the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal and an international airline station manager.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt to intensify parleys to ensure local elections” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed leaders of the CPN (Maoist Centre) once. It has no byline
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage