Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 5
South Asia Check / February 6, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Nepali Congress suspicious of Prime Minister Dahal” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Govt planning BIMSTEC Summit in June” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It has no byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Inaccurate visibility info, parking bay, messes up TIA” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed captain from Nepal Airlines Corporation, a senior director with the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal and an international airline station manager.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt to intensify parleys to ensure local elections” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed leaders of the CPN (Maoist Centre) once. It has no byline
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Viral Nepal map from Grade 8 textbook: Many misread Anno Domini as Bikram Sambat
- Fact Check Viral video clips involving Sujata Koirala were manipulated to create controversy
- Fact Check Video clip of anti-India demonstration being circulated on social media is six months old
- Fact Check 5-year-old India toilet photo is circulating as photo of Bharatpur coronavirus hospital toilet
- Fact Check Fact-checked: WHO hasn’t revised coronavirus risk level for Nepal
- Fact Check News reports of impending internet outage are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently