Anonymous sources in newspapers of February 9
South Asia Check / February 10, 2017
Annapuna Post report headlined “Controversy in IG appointment” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source twice. It has no byline.
Kantipur report headlined “Arbitrary pricing in medicines” by Atul Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed trader of pharmaceuticals.
Kantipur report headlined “President reminds parties to hold polls on time” by Balkrishna Basnet and Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Nagarik report titled “Government flouts law” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted five anonymous sources — Source from the cabinet twice, another source from Prime Minister’s Office in two instances, and a source from the Election Commission.
Nagarik report titled “Dahal ignores advice” by Subodh Gautam datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources five times — An unnamed government official in two instances and another unnamed source in three instances.
Republica report headlined “Moves to buy EVM stirs controversy” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed retired election commissioner, and ‘multiple sources’ once.
Republica report headlined “Crucial bill on local elections stalled” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, and ‘multiple sources’ from the prime minister’s office once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently