Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 10
South Asia Check / January 11, 2017
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Proposal will fail if put to vote: UML” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources: Sources, and an unnamed leader of the CPN (Maoist Centre).
Republica report headlined “Number of students going abroad for MBBS officially drops” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed sources. Officials of Nepal Medical Council, and a manager of an unnamed education consultancy.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths