Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 14
South Asia Check / January 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Judges under political pressure” by Yam Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source at the Judicial Council, and a source.
Kantipur report headlined “80 judges recommended for High Courts on the basis of power-sharing arrangement among political parties ” by Krishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in five instances: A source at Judicial Commission in three instances, a joint registrar at Judicial service, and a judge at Supreme Court.
Kantipur report headlined “Ruling coalition’s request to UDMF, “Focus should be on election” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source in two instances and a source present at the meeting. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Dahal’s gives his word to UDMF” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance. UDMF stands for the Unified Democratic Madhesi Front.
Nagarik report headlined “Politicians’ frequent visits to districts burdens state coffers” by Ajit Tiwari and Raju Adhikari datelined Jhapa and Biratnagar has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A security officials of Morang in two instances and a police officer.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “JC recommends 80 high court judges” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance. Here JC stands for Judicial Council. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “House panel for removing NOC’s infrastructure tax on petro products” by Sujan Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance. Here JC stands for Judicial Council.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently