Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 15
South Asia Check / January 16, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Illegal gold seized yet again” by Janakraj Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the customs office at the Tribhuvan International Airport.
Nagarik report headlined “Concerned bodies indifferent to the sorry state of roads” by Khilak Budathoki datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Country fails to buck low capex trend again” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from National Planning Commission. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “PM expanding cabinet to secure two-thirds votes for amendment” by Kosh Raj Koirala datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources twice.
Republica report headlined “Minister Lekhak on inauguration spree” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Physical Infrastructure and Transportation.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Govt ready to put constitution amendment bill to vote when UDMF wants, says Nidhi” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed government source. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently