Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 18
South Asia Check / January 19, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Judges recommendation episode, dispute heightens in judiciary” by Yama Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A participant.
Kantipur report headlined “Local election within deadline getting uncertain” by Kulchandra Neupane has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A leader of Nepali Congress.
Republica report headlined “3 among CA brawlers have become ministers” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A member of the probe committee.
Republica report headlined “Giving EC full shape not easy as parties push own candidates” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Sources privy to development.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!