Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 23
South Asia Check / January 24, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Maoists set to restructure party organization along ethnic lines” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source, a senior CPN (Maoist Center) leader and a CPN (Maoist Center) leader from Khas Arya community.
Kantipur report headlined “Election date to be announced within six days” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior leader of Nepali Congress and leader of CPN-UML.
Kantipur report headlined “NEA staffers themselves in electricity theft racket” by Janakraj Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior official of Nepal Electricity Authority.
Nagarik report headlined “Electricity worth Rs 13 billion is lost to leakage” by Bishnu Belbase datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: An official at the Nepal Electricity Authority in two instances and experts in two instances.
Republica report headlined “Dispute over judges appointment gets serious” by Nabin Khatiwada datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy