Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 26
South Asia Check / January 27, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “PM suspicious of Nepali Congress” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instances.
Nagarik report headlined “NGOs involved in reconstruction working arbitrarily” by Prabin Dhakal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source at the Ministry of Health and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Dahal stalls local restructuring report” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: Cabinet source in two instances, a source, a source at the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development, staffers at the Office of Prime Minister and a source close to the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NEA transfers 2,480 staffers in biggest reshuffle ever” by Bibek Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed source at the Nepal Electricity Authority.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature