Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 26
South Asia Check / January 27, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “PM suspicious of Nepali Congress” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instances.
Nagarik report headlined “NGOs involved in reconstruction working arbitrarily” by Prabin Dhakal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source at the Ministry of Health and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Dahal stalls local restructuring report” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: Cabinet source in two instances, a source, a source at the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development, staffers at the Office of Prime Minister and a source close to the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NEA transfers 2,480 staffers in biggest reshuffle ever” by Bibek Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed source at the Nepal Electricity Authority.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently