Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 26
South Asia Check / January 27, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “PM suspicious of Nepali Congress” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instances.
Nagarik report headlined “NGOs involved in reconstruction working arbitrarily” by Prabin Dhakal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source at the Ministry of Health and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Dahal stalls local restructuring report” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: Cabinet source in two instances, a source, a source at the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development, staffers at the Office of Prime Minister and a source close to the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “NEA transfers 2,480 staffers in biggest reshuffle ever” by Bibek Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed source at the Nepal Electricity Authority.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?