Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 29
South Asia Check / January 30, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ploy to delay elections: UML” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader and a minister.
Kantipur report headlined “January 28 has passed” by Durga Khanal and Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source close to the prime minister.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Morcha to hold demonstrations in Tarai on Feb 5” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed Morcha [United Democratic Madhesi Front] leaders once. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently