Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 30
South Asia Check / January 31, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “UN field office to be removed” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in six instances: A source in three instances, a senior official at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a government official and government officials.
Republica report headlined “Failure to train masons on time slows reconstruction” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources in two instances: A highly-placed source and officials of the National Reconstruction Authority.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently