Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 4
South Asia Check / January 5, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “NRA CEO blames prime minister for delays” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: An aide to Sushil Gyewali, a source, and an official at the private secretariat of Prime Minister Dahal. NRA stands for National Reconstruction Authority.
Kantipur report headlined “Ruling alliance aims to garner two-thirds majority for amendment” by Kulchandra Neupane and Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source at the CPN (Maoist Center), a source, and a leader from the Nepali Congress.
Kantipur report headlined “Rs 2 billion collected as pollution tax unused” by Raju Chaudhari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: An official at the Nepal Oil Corporation, a source at the Ministry of Forest, and informed persons.
Nagarik report headlined “Haphazard expenditure to ensure bonus” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and an official at Nepal Oil Corporation.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths