Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 5
South Asia Check / January 6, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Banks look to NRB for cash” by Bishnu Belbase datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed bankers.
Nagarik report headlined “Hydropower developers apply for licenses before govt call for bids for licenses” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed independent power producer.
Republica report headlined “NRA chief Gyewali blames govt for delay” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources three times.
Republica report headlined “Parties talk putting boundary revision on hold” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Maoist leader.
Republica report headlined “Ministry ‘leaked’ info to hydro developers” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source at the Independent Power Producers Association, Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?