Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 5
South Asia Check / January 6, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Banks look to NRB for cash” by Bishnu Belbase datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed bankers.
Nagarik report headlined “Hydropower developers apply for licenses before govt call for bids for licenses” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed independent power producer.
Republica report headlined “NRA chief Gyewali blames govt for delay” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources three times.
Republica report headlined “Parties talk putting boundary revision on hold” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Maoist leader.
Republica report headlined “Ministry ‘leaked’ info to hydro developers” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source at the Independent Power Producers Association, Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage