Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 5
South Asia Check / January 6, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Banks look to NRB for cash” by Bishnu Belbase datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed bankers.
Nagarik report headlined “Hydropower developers apply for licenses before govt call for bids for licenses” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed independent power producer.
Republica report headlined “NRA chief Gyewali blames govt for delay” by Sangeet Sangroula datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources three times.
Republica report headlined “Parties talk putting boundary revision on hold” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Maoist leader.
Republica report headlined “Ministry ‘leaked’ info to hydro developers” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source at the Independent Power Producers Association, Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently