Anonymous sources in newspapers of January 6
South Asia Check / January 7, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Gold being sneaked in from airport through three-way collusion” by Deepak Kharel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A highly-placed source at Nepal Police, a source at Nepal police, a source, and officials at the Central Investigation Bureau.
Nagarik report headlined “Gyewali given 24 hours to submit second clarification” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed source at the Office of Prime Minister.
Nagarik report headlined “‘Green signal’ from chief justice” by Prakash Timalsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Maoist, Cong, SLMM leaders for tabling bill” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NRA CEO Gyewali sacked” by Lekhanath Pandey datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A cabinet source and a close aide to Gyewali. NRA stands for the National Reconstruction Authority.
Republica report headlined “Land claimed as Prerana dowry belongs to Nepal Trust: SC” by Nabin Khatiwada datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Legal experts and government officials in one instance and officials at the trust in one instance.
Republica report headlined “Govt to sack NRA chief, seeks second clarification” by Sangeet Sangraula datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A highly-positioned officer at the Office of the Prime Minster and Council of Minister, and a minister.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage