Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 10
South Asia Check / July 25, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “How did the largest party end up second?” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader from Ram Chandra Paudel’s side.
Kantipur report headlined “Third but distant” by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: high level source from the party, a source from the party and another Maoist leader.
Nagarik report headlined “UML and RJPN hold talks” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A leader and UML leaders.
Nagarik report headlined “Poll expenditure rising steeply” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A high-level official from the accounts section at the Ministry of Home Affairs, sources and an official from Ministry of Finance.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Ivanka sits in for Trump at G20 meet” datelined Hamburg has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: a White House official and one diplomat. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Thapa hints at backing proposal” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A lawmaker. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Frequent poll deferrals cost Rs 4 billion” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in nine instances: A high-level official at the accounts section of the Ministry of Home Affairs, source, officials from the Ministry of Home Affairs, Election Commission (EC) officials, an employee of the EC, former EC officials, highly-placed source at EC, an EC officer and a former election commissioner.
Republica report headlined “Luxury cars worth millions gather dust at government offices” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials at the Ministry of Finance and an official from the Ministry of Finance. This story doesn’t have a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently