Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 17
South Asia Check / July 27, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “When will cabinet expansion take place?” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: a member of the task force.
Kantipur report headlined “Three including Sharma booked for graft” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source associated with the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Rs 670 million scammed in Rs 1.5 billion deal” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source from the Ministry of Supply.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “IRD DG, two others booked for graft” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: sources from Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Rs 700m ‘stolen’ in Rs 1.5b NOC land deal” by Dilip Paudel datelined Bhairahawa has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A reliable source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently