Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 18
South Asia Check / July 30, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “’Party in danger if factionalism does not end’” by Ram Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A member of CPN (Maoist Centre) Secretariat.
Kantipur report headlined “Sluggish Deuba” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior leader from the Nepali Congress and a ministerial aspirant from Nepali Congress.
The Kathmandu Post headlined “Cabinet expansion most likely on Thursday” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A leader privy to the meeting and a leader from Nepali Congress. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage