Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 18
South Asia Check / July 30, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “’Party in danger if factionalism does not end’” by Ram Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A member of CPN (Maoist Centre) Secretariat.
Kantipur report headlined “Sluggish Deuba” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A senior leader from the Nepali Congress and a ministerial aspirant from Nepali Congress.
The Kathmandu Post headlined “Cabinet expansion most likely on Thursday” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A leader privy to the meeting and a leader from Nepali Congress. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check COVID-19: There is no medicine yet, don’t get misled by misinformation
- Fact Check COVID-19: What’s circulating on social media and what are the facts?
- In Public Interest Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Fact Check Binod Chaudhary wrongly claims internet in Nepal is South Asia’s priciest
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
In Public InterestSix things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal Economist Bishwa Poudel doubts cannabis has economic potential in Nepal saying it was already tested... Read More
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?