Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 21
South Asia Check / July 22, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “First no-confidence vote then bills” by Govinda Pariyar datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “UML to obstruct parliament if opposition parties force their way” by Durga Khanal has quoted an unnamed leader.
Nagarik report headlined “Save the crusader” by Deepak Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from Sheetal Niwas, the president’s office.
Nagarik report headlined “Confusion about no-confidence proposal” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed CPN (Maoist Center) leader.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “UML to obstruct House if bills put on back burner” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Old foreign photos being circulated as Nepal wildfire photos
- Fact Check TikTok user trimmed video to show Dahal in a bad light
- Fact Check Shashank Koirala significantly understates Nepal’s arable land area
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently