Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 22
South Asia Check / July 23, 2016
Annapurna Post report headlined “Which first, no-confidence motion or financial bills?” by Rewati Sapkota and Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source.
Kantipur report headlined “Attempt for agreement in package” by Rajendra Phuyal and Durga Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from three-party meeting and a source from the same meeting.
Nagarik report headlined “Obstruction in parliament continues” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed leader from Nepali Congress.
Nagarik report headlined “KU issue in parliamentary committee, main accused likely to be protected” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed member of the parliamentary committee. The report does not have a byline.
Republica report titled “Gagan Thapa files motion to discuss Dr KC’s demands” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source. It has no byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check COVID-19: There is no medicine yet, don’t get misled by misinformation
- Fact Check COVID-19: What’s circulating on social media and what are the facts?
- In Public Interest Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Fact Check Binod Chaudhary wrongly claims internet in Nepal is South Asia’s priciest
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
In Public InterestSix things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal Economist Bishwa Poudel doubts cannabis has economic potential in Nepal saying it was already tested... Read More
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?