Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 23
South Asia Check / August 1, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Maoist party also adopts parliamentarism” by Ram Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A member from CPN (Maoist Centre) secretariat who participated in the meeting.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Intense pressure from India to renew small development project program” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A senior government official, a senior official from Ministry of Finance, a senior official who closely worked with Surya Thapa, an official from Ministry of Foreign Affair and another official.
Kantipur report headlined “Taxes waived by altering the numbers” by Krishna Gyawali and Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted eight unnamed sources: sources in seven instances and a source from the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority.
Nagarik report headlined “Sharma misusing powers at Sajha Prakasan” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal and Basanta Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: source.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Let’s pave the way for new generation, Paudel tells PM” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: sources from Nepali Congress. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “EC expert panel suggests Indian EVMs for upcoming elections” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Informed sources.
Republica report headlined “Sajha Prakashan chief accused of multiple irregularities” by Bishnu Prasad Aryal and Basanta Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: sources.
Republica report headlined “Poudel faction blames Deuba for UML’s poll gains” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: Disgruntled Nepali Congress leaders and a leader present at the meeting. The story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently