Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 28
South Asia Check / August 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “GMR pleads Nepal to purchase electricity” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: An official at Nepal Electricity Authority.
Kantipur report headlined “Dahal tells party meeting: ‘Why not dissolve our party altogether”‘ by Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A senior leader, another leader and a source.
Nagarik report headlined “Foreign employment agents evade taxes worth Rs 4.5 billion” by Rudra Khadka datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: A joint secretary at the Department of Foreign Employment in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Taxes whittled down arbitrarily” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in eight instances: A senior CIAA official in two instances, a highly placed CIAA source, a CIAA source, and a source in four instances. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “The real deal or a fight of fancy? ‘ datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances: An energy ministry official and an official at the prime minister office. This report does not carry a byline.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt forms talks team to address Dr KC’s demands” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A member of the government talk team. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Tax settlement body followed no clear guidelines” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source at the Commission for the Investigation of Abuse of Authority (CIAA), a CIAA investigating officer, and an official at the Inland Revenue Department. The report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!