Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 29
South Asia Check / August 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “IGP Aryal in controversy” by Subash Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in seven instances: A source, a police officer, a police source, police officials, a police official, a joint secretary at the Ministry of Home Affairs, and a senior official at Nepal Police headquarters.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Raman to continue as attorney general as per Deuba’s desire” by Yam Birahi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources in two instances.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Ministers picked haphazardly” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A lawmaker, a source at the prime minister’s residence, and source in two instances.
Republica report headlined “Patients deprived of free medicines in Jhapa” by Raju Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A government doctor of Jhapa.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently