Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 30
South Asia Check / August 8, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Constitutional and practical difficulties” by Rajesh Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source from the Election Commission and an official from the Election Commission.
Kantipur report headlined “Education minister himself exerts pressure to stop temporary teachers’ exam” by Makar Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An official from the Teacher’s Federation, and a teacher.
Nagarik report headlined “Potholes not filled due to lack of coordination” by Shivahari Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A senior-level government official.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Parliament to send elections related bills to House panel” by Rupesh Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted a source at Parliament Secretariat in two instances.
Republica report headlined “RJPN rift deepens ahead of crucial meets” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A leader from the Rastriya Janata Party Nepal (RJPN) and some disgruntled leaders.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature