Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 31
South Asia Check / August 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “How many districts to establish? 75 or 77?” by Ram Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A member of the commission.
Nagarik report headlined “Yet another lie by Nepal Oil Corporation” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A parliamentarian, a source, and an official at the Nepal Oil Corporation.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Some pictures circulating as this week’s Melamchi flooding scenes are old
- Fact Check Video clips falsely suggest Covid-19 vaccine makes human body magnetic
- Fact Check Prime minister’s press advisor wrongly claims Chure hills lie only in Nepal
- Fact Check Birtamod mayor’s misleading remedies for Covid-19 and false claims fact-checked
- Fact Check Old man in viral social media posts is a US WWII veteran, not a Covid-recovered Italian
- Fact Check Nepal village photo used in the context of Indian cricket misleads many
In Public InterestRead this before opting for alternative remedies for Covid-19 The effects of reckless consumption of herbs may not be seen immediately, but it can cause harm in t... Read More
- Scientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables