Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 31
South Asia Check / August 8, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “How many districts to establish? 75 or 77?” by Ram Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A member of the commission.
Nagarik report headlined “Yet another lie by Nepal Oil Corporation” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A parliamentarian, a source, and an official at the Nepal Oil Corporation.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths