Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 9
South Asia Check / July 25, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Rs 160 million sought to purchasing cars for president” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A source at the Ministry of Defense, various sources, and an official at the Ministry of Defense.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Thapa blamed for making personal ambition a precondition” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Rastriya Prajatantra Party in two instances. The report does not have a byline.
Republica report headlined “Prez Bhandari seeks Rs 160 million to buy new presidential fleet” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: Ministry of Defense source, sources and an official at the Ministry of Defense.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!