Anonymous sources in newspapers of July 9
South Asia Check / July 25, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Rs 160 million sought to purchasing cars for president” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A source at the Ministry of Defense, various sources, and an official at the Ministry of Defense.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Thapa blamed for making personal ambition a precondition” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Rastriya Prajatantra Party in two instances. The report does not have a byline.
Republica report headlined “Prez Bhandari seeks Rs 160 million to buy new presidential fleet” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: Ministry of Defense source, sources and an official at the Ministry of Defense.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage