Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 12
South Asia Check / June 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “RJPN to go to protest again” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader who participated in the meeting.
Kantipur report headlined “Corrupt Ex-IGP still enjoying state benefits” by Janak Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Source in two instances, and a senior police officer.
Nagarik report headlined “Security action will depend on nature of protest” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A security official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths