Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 12
South Asia Check / June 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “RJPN to go to protest again” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader who participated in the meeting.
Kantipur report headlined “Corrupt Ex-IGP still enjoying state benefits” by Janak Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Source in two instances, and a senior police officer.
Nagarik report headlined “Security action will depend on nature of protest” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A security official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage