Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 12
South Asia Check / June 15, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “RJPN to go to protest again” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader who participated in the meeting.
Kantipur report headlined “Corrupt Ex-IGP still enjoying state benefits” by Janak Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Source in two instances, and a senior police officer.
Nagarik report headlined “Security action will depend on nature of protest” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A security official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!