Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 17
South Asia Check / June 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Raut and Thakur hold secret talks” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source associated with the issue.
Kantipur report headlined “Dispute over candidates selection at prime minister’s home district” by Ganga BC, Chitranga Thapa and Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A leader from Bhatta faction and a district-level leader of Nepali Congress.
Nagarik report headlined “Both protests and electoral campaign fail to take off” by Ritesh Tripathi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A shopkeeper.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “RJP-N’s tough stance stokes political crisis” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior Maoist Center leader.
Republica report headlined “Dispute in RJPN over continuing with protests” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources and a second-rung party leader. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy