Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 17
South Asia Check / June 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Raut and Thakur hold secret talks” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source associated with the issue.
Kantipur report headlined “Dispute over candidates selection at prime minister’s home district” by Ganga BC, Chitranga Thapa and Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A leader from Bhatta faction and a district-level leader of Nepali Congress.
Nagarik report headlined “Both protests and electoral campaign fail to take off” by Ritesh Tripathi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A shopkeeper.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “RJP-N’s tough stance stokes political crisis” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior Maoist Center leader.
Republica report headlined “Dispute in RJPN over continuing with protests” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources and a second-rung party leader. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Absurd claims that Covid-19 test kits predated pandemic
- Fact Check Popular YouTube interview on COVID-19 full of false, misleading claims
- Fact Check PM Oli made three false claims
- Fact Check Koirala wrong in saying constitution has set two-term limit for prime minister
- Fact Check Memes attribute Russian President Putin to statements that weren’t his
- Fact Check Some news websites used old photo of Putalisadak blaze to depict Monday’s fire
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently