Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 17
South Asia Check / June 23, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Raut and Thakur hold secret talks” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source associated with the issue.
Kantipur report headlined “Dispute over candidates selection at prime minister’s home district” by Ganga BC, Chitranga Thapa and Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A leader from Bhatta faction and a district-level leader of Nepali Congress.
Nagarik report headlined “Both protests and electoral campaign fail to take off” by Ritesh Tripathi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A shopkeeper.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “RJP-N’s tough stance stokes political crisis” by Tika R Pradhan datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior Maoist Center leader.
Republica report headlined “Dispute in RJPN over continuing with protests” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources and a second-rung party leader. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths