Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 20
South Asia Check / June 28, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Parties plagued by rebel candidates” by Ajit Tiwari, Amar Khadka and Raju Adhikari datelined Biratnagar, Itahari and Jhapa has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A Bhadrapur-based influential leader from the Nepali Congress and a leader from disgruntled faction.
Kantipur report headlined “Blood is not safe” by Atul Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A technician from Central Blood Bank.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Constitutional Council fails to recommend CJ” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A member of the Constitutional Council and other members of the council. The report doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “New CJ appointment only after second phase polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources in two instances and a member of the Judicial Council. The report doesn’t have byline.
Republica report headlined “AIIB to finance two mega projects totaling Rs 20b: Minister” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: officials from Ministry of Finance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Announcement to widen East-West highway was made by Congress-led govt
- Fact Check PACT statement on Gagan Thapa’s agrobusiness flawed
- Fact Check Erroneous claim in FSFN’s poll manifesto
- In Public Interest Tall poll promises!
- Media Ram Karki’s ridiculous claims
- Fact Check False claims in Congress poll manifesto
In Public InterestTall poll promises! Wait patiently for another ten years and you will see a prosperous Nepal! Even if you search hard, y... Read More
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths
- Women in jail
- A lookback at CJ Karki’s legacy