Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 20
South Asia Check / June 28, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Parties plagued by rebel candidates” by Ajit Tiwari, Amar Khadka and Raju Adhikari datelined Biratnagar, Itahari and Jhapa has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A Bhadrapur-based influential leader from the Nepali Congress and a leader from disgruntled faction.
Kantipur report headlined “Blood is not safe” by Atul Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A technician from Central Blood Bank.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Constitutional Council fails to recommend CJ” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A member of the Constitutional Council and other members of the council. The report doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “New CJ appointment only after second phase polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources in two instances and a member of the Judicial Council. The report doesn’t have byline.
Republica report headlined “AIIB to finance two mega projects totaling Rs 20b: Minister” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: officials from Ministry of Finance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths