Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 20
South Asia Check / June 28, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Parties plagued by rebel candidates” by Ajit Tiwari, Amar Khadka and Raju Adhikari datelined Biratnagar, Itahari and Jhapa has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A Bhadrapur-based influential leader from the Nepali Congress and a leader from disgruntled faction.
Kantipur report headlined “Blood is not safe” by Atul Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A technician from Central Blood Bank.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Constitutional Council fails to recommend CJ” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A member of the Constitutional Council and other members of the council. The report doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “New CJ appointment only after second phase polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources in two instances and a member of the Judicial Council. The report doesn’t have byline.
Republica report headlined “AIIB to finance two mega projects totaling Rs 20b: Minister” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: officials from Ministry of Finance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage