Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 20
South Asia Check / June 28, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Parties plagued by rebel candidates” by Ajit Tiwari, Amar Khadka and Raju Adhikari datelined Biratnagar, Itahari and Jhapa has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A Bhadrapur-based influential leader from the Nepali Congress and a leader from disgruntled faction.
Kantipur report headlined “Blood is not safe” by Atul Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A technician from Central Blood Bank.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Constitutional Council fails to recommend CJ” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A member of the Constitutional Council and other members of the council. The report doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “New CJ appointment only after second phase polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Sources in two instances and a member of the Judicial Council. The report doesn’t have byline.
Republica report headlined “AIIB to finance two mega projects totaling Rs 20b: Minister” by Rudra Pangeni datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: officials from Ministry of Finance.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore