Anonymous sources in newspapers of June 21
South Asia Check / June 28, 2017
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “China seeks proposals on projects under BRI” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: officials in two instances and a Nepali senior official. This report doesn’t have byline.
Republica report headlined “China to reopen Tatopani after reconstruction” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Officials who participated in the 11th Nepal-China Joint Consultative Mechanism meeting and officials. This report doesn’t have byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!