Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 11
South Asia Check / March 16, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Bullying by Indian SSB is frequent along Nepal-India border” by Surendra Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A highly-placed source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, a source in three instance, and a source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Govt sends diplomatic note to India over SSB firing” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Sources.
Republica report headlined “Kanchanpur culvert was built as per bilateral agreement” by Dil Bahadur Chhatyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Officials.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths