Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 12
South Asia Check / March 13, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Now, it’s Gachchhadhar’s turn” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a leader from the Madhesi People’s Rights Forum-Democratic.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dahal unsuccessful” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a Maoist leader and Prime Minister Dahal’s close aide.
Kantipur report headlined “Gachhadhar also in government” by Basanta Basnet and Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source twice and a Nepali Congress leader once.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Some NC leaders want local polls after amending statute” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source five times. It has no byline
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Fact Check Upendra Yadav disowns Rs 5 million compensation promise
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
In Public InterestBirth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon While the controversy over the variations in the date of birth of Chief Justice Gopal Parajuli in hi... Read More
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge