Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 12
South Asia Check / March 13, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Now, it’s Gachchhadhar’s turn” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source and a leader from the Madhesi People’s Rights Forum-Democratic.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dahal unsuccessful” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source, a Maoist leader and Prime Minister Dahal’s close aide.
Kantipur report headlined “Gachhadhar also in government” by Basanta Basnet and Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source twice and a Nepali Congress leader once.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Some NC leaders want local polls after amending statute” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source five times. It has no byline
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!