Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 18
South Asia Check / March 19, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dahal-Xi meet confirmed” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed Chinese source, a high-level source, and a Maoist leader four times.
Kantipur report headlined “Ploy to milk more benefits from state” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the parliament secretariat, an unnamed source, an unnamed member of parliament twice, and an unnamed member of a sub-committee.
Kantipur report headlined “Modi asks if all three elections are possible in ten months” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined New Delhi has quoted two unnamed sources.
Nagarik report headlined “Why do police shoot people in head and chest?” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted two unnamed officials and an unnamed insider.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Officials say headway on OBOR, TTA unlikely” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed officials and unnamed sources once each.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “No temp cops in sensitive districts: Govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Election Commission. It has no byline.
Republica report headlined “Power to the local units” by Ashok Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed officials from the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development.
Republica report headlined “Few days delay in printing ballots not serious: EC” by Bhadra Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources from the Election Commission once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage