Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 2
South Asia Check / March 3, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Dahal, Deuba propose putting amendment bill on hold for now” by Kulchandra Neupane and Basanta Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Foreign investment worth Rs 26.5 billion coming in” by Krishna Acharya datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances: An official who had attended meeting in two instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Finance minister distributing state funds” by Balkrishna Gyawali datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A senior official at the Ministry of Local Development, a source, officials at the Ministry of Finance and a senior official at the Ministry of Finance.
Nagarik report headlined “Just three pilots for two planes!” by Sushil Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A senior pilot at the Nepal Airlines Corporation, an associated source in two instances, and a source.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Manjeev Singh Puri confirmed as India’s new envoy to Nepal” by Anil Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: Informed sources, sources and a diplomatic source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently