Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 21
South Asia Check / March 22, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election on May 14 itself” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: “A source” in five instances, and a source at the secretariat of prime minister.
Kantipur report headlined “Ruling alliance proposes amendment but not to provincial boundaries” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source, and a member of the task force.
Nagarik report headlined “Why did India hike pension for Nepali veterans?” by Surendra Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
- Fact Check Nepali Congress was not the first party to demand federalism
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore