Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 21
South Asia Check / March 22, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Election on May 14 itself” by Chiranjivi Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: “A source” in five instances, and a source at the secretariat of prime minister.
Kantipur report headlined “Ruling alliance proposes amendment but not to provincial boundaries” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source, and a member of the task force.
Nagarik report headlined “Why did India hike pension for Nepali veterans?” by Surendra Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed source.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage