Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 23
South Asia Check / March 24, 2017
Annnapurna Post report headlined “Confusion over budget shape” by Sujit Mahat datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed official from the Ministry of Finance twice.
Annapurna Post report headlined, “New IG after PM’s China visit” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the prime minister’s residence, Baluwatar five times, a Congress leader, and a source from Home Ministry.
Nagarik report headlined “Ballot paper printing postponed under pressure” by Arjun Subedi datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source from the Election Commission.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Cabinet meeting put off as Nidhi-Thapa dispute puts PM in a dilemma” by Arjun Poudel datelined Kathmandu quotes an unnamed source and sources from the Prime Minister’s Office once.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths