Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 27
South Asia Check / March 28, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Corruption in army, secret commissions in food procurement” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in four instances: A senior official at western division of Nepal Army, an official at the Ministry of Defense, and ‘a source’ in two instances.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Indian demonetization; Nepal insists on exchange facility for IRs 25,000 per person per day exchange facility” by Menuka Karki datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source at Nepal Rastra Bank.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “First batch of spring climbers head to Mount Everest today” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior Department of Tourism officer.
Republica report headlined “Additional security sought in tarai districts for upcoming polls” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Officials, home ministry officials in two instances and a home ministry official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
- In Public Interest What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- Fact Check Minister falsely claims credit for Mahendra Highway widening work
- In Public Interest PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- Promise Tracker Half of quake-destroyed schools rebuilt
- Fact Check NAC Managing Director Kansakar lies on camera
In Public InterestWhat had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill? What was in the July 26 agreement between Dr Govinda KC and the government? What is in the Medical E... Read More
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore