Anonymous sources in newspapers of March 27
South Asia Check / March 28, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Corruption in army, secret commissions in food procurement” by Shambhu Kattel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in four instances: A senior official at western division of Nepal Army, an official at the Ministry of Defense, and ‘a source’ in two instances.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Indian demonetization; Nepal insists on exchange facility for IRs 25,000 per person per day exchange facility” by Menuka Karki datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source at Nepal Rastra Bank.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “First batch of spring climbers head to Mount Everest today” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior Department of Tourism officer.
Republica report headlined “Additional security sought in tarai districts for upcoming polls” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Officials, home ministry officials in two instances and a home ministry official.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage