Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 8
South Asia Check / May 17, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Efforts being made to gather two-thirds majority” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Political parties in search of a midway approach” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “SC encroached upon house jurisdiction: Speaker” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: a source close to Speaker Onsari Gharti Magar. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Will CJ not adjudicate any case till her retirement?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Ruling parties’ sources. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Prez suggests CJ Karki not make it an ego issue” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources and a source from the President’s office.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!