Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 8
South Asia Check / May 17, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Efforts being made to gather two-thirds majority” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Political parties in search of a midway approach” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “SC encroached upon house jurisdiction: Speaker” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: a source close to Speaker Onsari Gharti Magar. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Will CJ not adjudicate any case till her retirement?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Ruling parties’ sources. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Prez suggests CJ Karki not make it an ego issue” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources and a source from the President’s office.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Binod Chaudhary wrongly claims internet in Nepal is South Asia’s priciest
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?