Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 8
South Asia Check / May 17, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Efforts being made to gather two-thirds majority” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Political parties in search of a midway approach” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “SC encroached upon house jurisdiction: Speaker” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: a source close to Speaker Onsari Gharti Magar. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Will CJ not adjudicate any case till her retirement?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Ruling parties’ sources. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Prez suggests CJ Karki not make it an ego issue” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources and a source from the President’s office.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Fact Check Upendra Yadav disowns Rs 5 million compensation promise
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
In Public InterestBirth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon While the controversy over the variations in the date of birth of Chief Justice Gopal Parajuli in hi... Read More
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge