Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 8
South Asia Check / May 17, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Efforts being made to gather two-thirds majority” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances.
Nagarik report headlined “Political parties in search of a midway approach” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in two instances. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “SC encroached upon house jurisdiction: Speaker” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: a source close to Speaker Onsari Gharti Magar. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Will CJ not adjudicate any case till her retirement?” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: Ruling parties’ sources. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Prez suggests CJ Karki not make it an ego issue” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources and a source from the President’s office.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item