Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 9
South Asia Check / May 22, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Obstacle for Thapa” by Chiranjivi Dhunagana and Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A high-level source from the Rastriya Prajatantra Party.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CJ Karki not to adjucate cases ” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source from the Supreme Court. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Parties ‘agree’ to count votes right after phase I poll ”datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths