Anonymous sources in newspapers of May 9
South Asia Check / May 22, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Obstacle for Thapa” by Chiranjivi Dhunagana and Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A high-level source from the Rastriya Prajatantra Party.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CJ Karki not to adjucate cases ” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A source from the Supreme Court. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Parties ‘agree’ to count votes right after phase I poll ”datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance. This report doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?