Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 10
South Asia Check / October 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “‘China anxiety’ in Nepali Congress” by Navin Jha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A leader in three instances.
Kantipur report headlined “RPP extends support to government” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source at the prime minister’s official residence in Baluwatar, and a Nepali Congress central committee member close to Deuba.
Nagarik report headlined “Chairman of the Federation of Contractors Associations of Nepal murdered” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: An official involved in the investigation.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “RPP decides to extend support to Deuba govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances. This report does not carry a byline. RPP is short for the Rastriya Prajatantra Party.
Republica report headlined “PM secures RPP support as he mulls cabinet reshuffle” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A senior leaders in the ruling alliance, a Nepali Congress (NC) leader, sources, NC sources, and a senior leader of the NC. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check COVID-19: There is no medicine yet, don’t get misled by misinformation
- Fact Check COVID-19: What’s circulating on social media and what are the facts?
- In Public Interest Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Fact Check Binod Chaudhary wrongly claims internet in Nepal is South Asia’s priciest
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
In Public InterestSix things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal Economist Bishwa Poudel doubts cannabis has economic potential in Nepal saying it was already tested... Read More
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?