Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 10
South Asia Check / October 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “‘China anxiety’ in Nepali Congress” by Navin Jha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A leader in three instances.
Kantipur report headlined “RPP extends support to government” by Kulchandra Neupane datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source at the prime minister’s official residence in Baluwatar, and a Nepali Congress central committee member close to Deuba.
Nagarik report headlined “Chairman of the Federation of Contractors Associations of Nepal murdered” by KP Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: An official involved in the investigation.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “RPP decides to extend support to Deuba govt” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances. This report does not carry a byline. RPP is short for the Rastriya Prajatantra Party.
Republica report headlined “PM secures RPP support as he mulls cabinet reshuffle” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A senior leaders in the ruling alliance, a Nepali Congress (NC) leader, sources, NC sources, and a senior leader of the NC. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage