Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 15
South Asia Check / October 18, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Ploy to remove CAAN DG Gautam, consent sought to install Acharya” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in nine instances: A source in seven instances, a highly-placed source, and a concerned source. This report does not carry a byline. DG is short for director general and CAAN for the Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
- Fact Check ‘Red mercury’ claims on social media just a hoax
- Fact Check Purported government text message about snap curfew was a hoax
- Media Quarterly report (July-Sept) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Some claims in Putin memes circulating in Nepal are false
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently