Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 23
South Asia Check / October 25, 2017
The Himalayan Times report headlined “EC to decide on apex court order today” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source, an Election Commission source and another source at the Election Commission. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Limited seats force heavyweights to face off each other” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A leader.
Note: No newspapers were published for three days from October 20 to October 22 for Tihar holidays.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths