Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 23
South Asia Check / October 25, 2017
The Himalayan Times report headlined “EC to decide on apex court order today” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A source, an Election Commission source and another source at the Election Commission. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “Limited seats force heavyweights to face off each other” by Roshan Sedhai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A leader.
Note: No newspapers were published for three days from October 20 to October 22 for Tihar holidays.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!