Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 24
South Asia Check / October 26, 2017
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Bank’s weakness helped criminals to hack into its system” by Rupak D Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Various sources, and sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Yubaraj Bhusal appointed new chief executive officer of NRA” by Sanjeev Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources and a senior NRA official. NRA is short for the National Reconstruction Authority.
Republica report headlined “Hackers steal from NIC Asia Bank via SWIFT” by Sagar Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials at the Nepal Rastra Bank.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage