Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 24
South Asia Check / October 26, 2017
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Bank’s weakness helped criminals to hack into its system” by Rupak D Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Various sources, and sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Yubaraj Bhusal appointed new chief executive officer of NRA” by Sanjeev Giri datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Sources and a senior NRA official. NRA is short for the National Reconstruction Authority.
Republica report headlined “Hackers steal from NIC Asia Bank via SWIFT” by Sagar Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Officials at the Nepal Rastra Bank.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently