Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 25
South Asia Check / October 26, 2017
Nagarik report headlined “Difficulties in distributing electoral constituencies” by Mani Dahal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in one instance: A leader.
Nagarik report headlined “Dissident candidates engage in negotiations” by Kalendra Sejuwal datelined Nepalgunj has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A local leader.
Nagarik report headlined “Supply minister poses obstacle to bringing Khadka to ministry” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and leader of Rastriya Prajatantra Party.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Maoist Centre not to recall ministers anytime soon” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A senior official at the Prime Minister’s Office. This report does not carry a byline.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Bureaucrats’, ministers’ foreign junkets top Cabinet agenda” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A minister.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently