Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 26
South Asia Check / October 27, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Survey license issued illegally” by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: ‘Source’ in three instances and an official at the Investment Board Nepal.
Kantipur report headlined “When both Mahara and Pokahrel stake claim to the same constituency…” by Durga Lal KC datelined Dang has quoted unnamed source in one instance: People close to the leaders.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Dahal seeks Devi Gyawali’s support in Chitwan” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Implementation of constitution, economic prosperity and countering left alliance set to be major agenda of Nepali Congress” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader.
Republica report headlined “NC, Madhes parties at odds over share” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A senior and sources in three instances. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “UML withdraws candidate to make way for Manange” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Informed leaders and a leader. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
- In Public Interest Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Promise Tracker Progress report on Kasthamandap reconstruction
- In Public Interest Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims credit for no cold wave deaths
In Public InterestNepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently In Nepal while there is a debate ongoing over whether to grant the women the right to confer citizen... Read More
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage
- Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements