Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 26
South Asia Check / October 27, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Survey license issued illegally” by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: ‘Source’ in three instances and an official at the Investment Board Nepal.
Kantipur report headlined “When both Mahara and Pokahrel stake claim to the same constituency…” by Durga Lal KC datelined Dang has quoted unnamed source in one instance: People close to the leaders.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Dahal seeks Devi Gyawali’s support in Chitwan” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Implementation of constitution, economic prosperity and countering left alliance set to be major agenda of Nepali Congress” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader.
Republica report headlined “NC, Madhes parties at odds over share” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A senior and sources in three instances. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “UML withdraws candidate to make way for Manange” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Informed leaders and a leader. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Elderly allowance at 65 won’t benefit senior citizens from districts with lowest life expectancy and Dalits
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths