Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 26
South Asia Check / October 27, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Survey license issued illegally” by Balaram Baniya datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: ‘Source’ in three instances and an official at the Investment Board Nepal.
Kantipur report headlined “When both Mahara and Pokahrel stake claim to the same constituency…” by Durga Lal KC datelined Dang has quoted unnamed source in one instance: People close to the leaders.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Dahal seeks Devi Gyawali’s support in Chitwan” by Rewati Sapkota datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: Sources.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Implementation of constitution, economic prosperity and countering left alliance set to be major agenda of Nepali Congress” by Kamal Dev Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A leader.
Republica report headlined “NC, Madhes parties at odds over share” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A senior and sources in three instances. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “UML withdraws candidate to make way for Manange” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: Informed leaders and a leader. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- In Public Interest There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item
- Fact Check Ex-UML chief exaggerates party’s 1997 poll performance
- Fact Check Thapa makes chronological mistake about Dabur, Unilever
- Media How justified is the use of anonymous sources?
- In Public Interest Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Fact Check Agricultural land shrinking in tarai due to flooding
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!