Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 3
South Asia Check / October 10, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “UML and Maoist Center discussing unification” by Ram Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Indian cops abduct Nepali national” by Manohar Pokharel datelined Rajbiraj has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A businessman.
Annapurna Post report headlined “17 criminals wanted by Interpol” by Subas Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed police source.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “UML and Maoist Center to make electoral adjustments” by Rajesh Chamling Rai and Lucky Chaudhari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source in three instances and a Maoist Center leader in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Bid to change alliance” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a leader.
Note: Nagarik and Republica were not published on this date due to Dashain holidays.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
- Fact Check NBA chief incorrect about Sri Lanka’s bank lending rate
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- In Public Interest Women ministers in Nepal
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
In Public InterestWomen ministers in Nepal After the advent of democracy in Nepal in 1951, it took over eight years for the first woman to beco... Read More
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?