Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 3
South Asia Check / October 10, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “UML and Maoist Center discussing unification” by Ram Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Indian cops abduct Nepali national” by Manohar Pokharel datelined Rajbiraj has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A businessman.
Annapurna Post report headlined “17 criminals wanted by Interpol” by Subas Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed police source.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “UML and Maoist Center to make electoral adjustments” by Rajesh Chamling Rai and Lucky Chaudhari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source in three instances and a Maoist Center leader in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Bid to change alliance” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a leader.
Note: Nagarik and Republica were not published on this date due to Dashain holidays.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
- Fact Check Govt’s policy and program made wrong claim about Raxaul-Amlekhgunj petroleum pipeline
- In Public Interest Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-March 2019 on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Media Quarterly report (October-December 2018) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Opinion article has errors in figures
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage