Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 3
South Asia Check / October 10, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “UML and Maoist Center discussing unification” by Ram Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Indian cops abduct Nepali national” by Manohar Pokharel datelined Rajbiraj has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A businessman.
Annapurna Post report headlined “17 criminals wanted by Interpol” by Subas Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed police source.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “UML and Maoist Center to make electoral adjustments” by Rajesh Chamling Rai and Lucky Chaudhari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source in three instances and a Maoist Center leader in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Bid to change alliance” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a leader.
Note: Nagarik and Republica were not published on this date due to Dashain holidays.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check COVID-19: There is no medicine yet, don’t get misled by misinformation
- Fact Check COVID-19: What’s circulating on social media and what are the facts?
- In Public Interest Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Fact Check Binod Chaudhary wrongly claims internet in Nepal is South Asia’s priciest
- Fact Check Indian TV channel was ordered to pay Rs 1 billion not Rs 10 billion
- Fact Check Deputy speaker Tumbahangphe is still a member Nepal Communist Party
In Public InterestSix things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal Economist Bishwa Poudel doubts cannabis has economic potential in Nepal saying it was already tested... Read More
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?