Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 3
South Asia Check / October 10, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “UML and Maoist Center discussing unification” by Ram Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Indian cops abduct Nepali national” by Manohar Pokharel datelined Rajbiraj has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A businessman.
Annapurna Post report headlined “17 criminals wanted by Interpol” by Subas Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed police source.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “UML and Maoist Center to make electoral adjustments” by Rajesh Chamling Rai and Lucky Chaudhari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source in three instances and a Maoist Center leader in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Bid to change alliance” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a leader.
Note: Nagarik and Republica were not published on this date due to Dashain holidays.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
- Fact Check Finance minister makes unreliable claims about Nepali printing industry
- Fact Check Neither Tilicho nor the new lake are highest in Nepal or world
- Media Quarterly report (April-June 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Kathmandu PM levels show PM’s air quality claim baseless
- Fact Check Dahal had not helped Madhav Nepal become prime minister
In Public InterestNepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables There have not been reliable scientific studies on the use of oxytocin in vegetable and fruits, in b... Read More
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature
- NARC grappling with manpower shortage