Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 3
South Asia Check / October 10, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “UML and Maoist Center discussing unification” by Ram Krishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Indian cops abduct Nepali national” by Manohar Pokharel datelined Rajbiraj has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A businessman.
Annapurna Post report headlined “17 criminals wanted by Interpol” by Subas Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A highly-placed police source.
Gorkhapatra report headlined “UML and Maoist Center to make electoral adjustments” by Rajesh Chamling Rai and Lucky Chaudhari datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: A source in three instances and a Maoist Center leader in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Bid to change alliance” by Balkrishna Basnet datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A source and a leader.
Note: Nagarik and Republica were not published on this date due to Dashain holidays.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Promise Tracker Despite delays, KRC hopes to rebuild Kasthamandap within deadline
- In Public Interest Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Fact Check Nagdhunga tunnel road will be Nepal’s third, Churia tunnel road is first and Bhulbhule’s second
- Media Quarterly report (July- Sept 2019) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Finance minister’s claim of no labor strike during past two years is false
- Fact Check PM’s foreign affairs advisor repeats an already debunked claim
In Public InterestBrace yourself for toxic winter air Winter is approaching in Kathmandu. Winter is not only about chilly weather but also more toxin in t... Read More
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently
- Inland waterways: Are Nepali waters navigable?
- What had been agreed with Dr KC and what is in the bill?
- PM’s invitation for river trip to Calcutta premature