Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 6
South Asia Check / October 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Pressure mounts to sack Maoist ministers” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed sources in three instances.
Annapurna Post report headlined “Nepal visits of Modi and Sirisena postponed” by Santosh Ghimire datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in seven instances: A source in two instances, a diplomatic source, a government official, a source at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in two instances, and officials.
Nagarik report headlined “PM working to expel Maoist Center ministers” by Prakash Timilsina datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in seven instances: Source in three instances, a source close to Deuba in three instances, and a central level leader of the Rastriya Prajatantra Party.
Nagarik report headlined “Nepal Oil Corporation’s Khadka commits another wrongdoing, Rs 30 million embezzled in aviation fuel” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: A senior official at Nepal Oil Corporation, a former head of depot at airport, and a source at the corporation.
Kantipur report headlined “Jugglery to grant affliations” by Makar Shreshta datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in nine instances: A source in five instances, a staffer at the secretariat of the minister, and a source at the CTEVT in three instances. CTEVT stands for the Center for Technical Education and Vocational Training.
Republica report headlined “Deuba mulls sacking Maoist ministers, govt reshuffle” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A source and sources in two instances. This report does not carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “All eyes on which way FSFN will go” datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in one instance: A leader of the Federal Socialist Forum Nepal. This report does not carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
- Fact Check Photo of a kneeling Joe Biden circulating on social media with a false claim
- Media Quarterly report (Oct-Dec, 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Bijukchhe misquotes Indian ex-spy’s book while talking about India’s alleged Tarai plans
- Fact Check Ex-minister Baskota overstates number of Covid testing labs
- Fact Check World Doctors Alliance’s video on Covid-19 misleading
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently