Anonymous sources in newspapers of October 7
South Asia Check / October 17, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute in police over 30-year service period” by Subas Gotame datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instances: A deputy inspector general.
Kantipur report headlined “Let the election not be disrupted: Election Commission” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances. This report does not carry a byline.
Nagarik report headlined “Electoral alliance between FSFN and RJPN” by Bhuwan Sharma datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances. RJPN stands for Rastriya Janata Party Nepal and Federal Socialist Forum Nepal.
Nagarik report headlined “Six-party alliance busy sharing electoral constituencies” by Balkrishna Adhikari datelined Kathmandu has quoted an unnamed source in three instances: A member of taskforce in three instances.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently