Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 10
South Asia Check / September 16, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Kathmandu National Medical College Issue: 24 ‘baddies’ associated with granting affiliation” by Krishna Gyawali and Makar Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A member of the Tribhuvan University executive council in two instances, and a source from the university.
Nagarik report headlined “Foreign trips made to use up Rs 5 million” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Source in four instances, and an official from Nepal Airlines Corporation.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Fate of three dozen bills uncertain” by Ram Kumar Kamat datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source from the Election Commission.
Republica report headlined “EC invites int’l observers for federal, provincial polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An election official and informed election officials. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “NAC ‘wasted’ Rs 5m on overseas trips for staff” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Officials from Nepal Airlines Corporation, officials in two instances and sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently