Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 10
South Asia Check / September 16, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Kathmandu National Medical College Issue: 24 ‘baddies’ associated with granting affiliation” by Krishna Gyawali and Makar Shrestha datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: A member of the Tribhuvan University executive council in two instances, and a source from the university.
Nagarik report headlined “Foreign trips made to use up Rs 5 million” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in five instances: Source in four instances, and an official from Nepal Airlines Corporation.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “Fate of three dozen bills uncertain” by Ram Kumar Kamat datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A source from the Election Commission.
Republica report headlined “EC invites int’l observers for federal, provincial polls” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: An election official and informed election officials. This story doesn’t carry a byline.
Republica report headlined “NAC ‘wasted’ Rs 5m on overseas trips for staff” by Susheel Bhattarai datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Officials from Nepal Airlines Corporation, officials in two instances and sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Fact Check Adhikari wrong about women’s representation in Federal Parliament
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths