Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 13
South Asia Check / September 19, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute getting complicated in absence of commission” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: An official at Water and Energy Commission, and an official at Ministry of Energy in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Pension for former parliamentarians also?” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A member of the parliament’s State Affairs Committee, and an official from the Parliament Secretariat.
Nagarik report headlined “NOC land procurement scam – Prime minister orders officials to propose action” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A senior official at the Nepal Oil Corporation.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NOC Land Purchase Scam- Initiate action against guilty, PMO tell MoS” by Sujan Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: source at Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers (OPMCM) in two instances and an official at OPMCM.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Oil corporation’s land deals- NOC chief Khadka’s fate hangs in balance” by Rajesh Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A board member at the Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC).
Republica report headlined “Rift in RJPN hits poll campaigns” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: a leader of the Rastriya Janata Party Nepal (RJPN). This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Old photo being circulated as that of recent Chepang settlement fire
- Fact Check Peru hill collapse image being circulated as Darchula landslide photo
- Fact Check WHO hasn’t approved any home remedy for COVID-19
- Fact Check Zee News editor-in-chief’s comments on Sarita Giri expulsion erroneous
- Media Quarterly report (April- June 2020) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM’s claims about depression and turmeric partially true but he’s incorrect about WHO guidelines on COVID-19 deaths verification
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently