Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 13
South Asia Check / September 19, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute getting complicated in absence of commission” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: An official at Water and Energy Commission, and an official at Ministry of Energy in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Pension for former parliamentarians also?” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A member of the parliament’s State Affairs Committee, and an official from the Parliament Secretariat.
Nagarik report headlined “NOC land procurement scam – Prime minister orders officials to propose action” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A senior official at the Nepal Oil Corporation.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NOC Land Purchase Scam- Initiate action against guilty, PMO tell MoS” by Sujan Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: source at Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers (OPMCM) in two instances and an official at OPMCM.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Oil corporation’s land deals- NOC chief Khadka’s fate hangs in balance” by Rajesh Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A board member at the Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC).
Republica report headlined “Rift in RJPN hits poll campaigns” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: a leader of the Rastriya Janata Party Nepal (RJPN). This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check PM’s suggestion of salt water gargle as home remedy for Covid is misleading
- Fact Check Old photo photoshopped to show Indian flag in February 10 demonstration
- Fact Check PM made four false claims in two recent speeches
- Fact Check PM wrong in saying Bimala Tamang won gold in 2014 Asiad
- Fact Check Writer Wagle grossly misquoted in viral meme
- Fact Check PM Oli made some misleading claims in upper house
In Public InterestScientists worldwide in desperate search for COVID-19 drug South Asia Check has gathered insights on the trials and investigations for vaccines and drugs to tr... Read More
- Six things to know for cannabis legalization in Nepal
- Women ministers in Nepal
- Brace yourself for toxic winter air
- Nepal has no technology to test alleged use of oxytocin in fruits and vegetables
- Nepal is among 25 countries that deny women right to pass on citizenship to children independently