Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 13
South Asia Check / September 19, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute getting complicated in absence of commission” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: An official at Water and Energy Commission, and an official at Ministry of Energy in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Pension for former parliamentarians also?” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A member of the parliament’s State Affairs Committee, and an official from the Parliament Secretariat.
Nagarik report headlined “NOC land procurement scam – Prime minister orders officials to propose action” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A senior official at the Nepal Oil Corporation.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NOC Land Purchase Scam- Initiate action against guilty, PMO tell MoS” by Sujan Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: source at Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers (OPMCM) in two instances and an official at OPMCM.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Oil corporation’s land deals- NOC chief Khadka’s fate hangs in balance” by Rajesh Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A board member at the Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC).
Republica report headlined “Rift in RJPN hits poll campaigns” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: a leader of the Rastriya Janata Party Nepal (RJPN). This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Media Quarterly report (April-June) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check PM wrongly claims Nepal has lowest taxes
- Fact Check Who should be credited for introducing health insurance program in Nepal?
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Nepal earthquake recovery aid: Commitments and disbursements
- Fact Check Paudel wrongly claims NC central committee is more inclusive than that of communist parties
- In Public Interest Dr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements
In Public InterestDr Govinda KC’s demands and achievements South Asia Check has compiled the demands put forth by medical reforms crusader Dr Govinda KC during... Read More
- Rape complaints doubled in six years: Police data
- Pesticides tests of fruits and vegetables, problems galore
- Kalimati lab data shows pesticides in vegetables decreasing
- Will tourist arrivals surge?
- There was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item