Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 13
South Asia Check / September 19, 2017
Annapurna Post report headlined “Dispute getting complicated in absence of commission” by Bikash Thapa datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in three instances: An official at Water and Energy Commission, and an official at Ministry of Energy in two instances.
Kantipur report headlined “Pension for former parliamentarians also?” by Rajendra Phuyal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in two instances: A member of the parliament’s State Affairs Committee, and an official from the Parliament Secretariat.
Nagarik report headlined “NOC land procurement scam – Prime minister orders officials to propose action” by Dilip Paudel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A senior official at the Nepal Oil Corporation.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “NOC Land Purchase Scam- Initiate action against guilty, PMO tell MoS” by Sujan Dhungana datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in three instances: source at Office of the Prime Minister and Council of Ministers (OPMCM) in two instances and an official at OPMCM.
The Kathmandu Post report headlined “Oil corporation’s land deals- NOC chief Khadka’s fate hangs in balance” by Rajesh Khanal datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: A board member at the Nepal Oil Corporation (NOC).
Republica report headlined “Rift in RJPN hits poll campaigns” datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in one instance: a leader of the Rastriya Janata Party Nepal (RJPN). This story doesn’t carry a byline.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check KP Oli is 38th prime minister, not 41st
- Earthquake Promise Tracker Housing assistance for quake victims: Given in word not in deed
- Fact Check Former Minister Kiranti’s statement partially correct
- Fact Check Factual errors in UML secretary’s tweet
- In Public Interest Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Fact Check Adhikari wrong about women’s representation in Federal Parliament
In Public InterestFew women elected to parliament under FPTP In the recently held parliamentary elections, only six women were elected under the first-past-the-p... Read More
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!
- Prime minister’s wealth: Then and now
- Bhadrapur’s 66 years of wait for a bridge
- Dying untimely deaths