Anonymous sources in newspapers of September 14
South Asia Check / October 11, 2017
Kantipur report headlined “Rs 10 billion being doled out right ahead of the election” by Rajesh Mishra datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed sources in four instances: Officials, source at the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development in two instances, and under-secretary at the Ministry of Federal Affairs and Local Development.
The Himalayan Times report headlined “CAAN director general faces sack” by Rajan Pokhrel datelined Kathmandu has quoted unnamed source in two instances: highly placed source at Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation and sources.
This material is copyrighted but may be used for any purpose by giving due credit to southasiacheck.org.
- Fact Check Entire Jumla is getting by on less than 1 MW of electricity
- Fact Check Rajendra Shrestha partially correct about communist party’s 1954 document
- Fact Check Mahato misreads constitutional provisions on altering provincial boundaries
- Media Quarterly report (Jan-Mar) on anonymous sources in newspapers
- Fact Check Govt’s 2016 energy document can’t be solely credited for reduction in load-shedding
- Fact Check How correct are Congress spokesman’s claims about white paper?
In Public InterestThere was a time when rice was Nepal’s major export item Several news reports and articles published in Gorkhapatra between 1974 and 1975 said the agricultur... Read More
- Communities that have been able to make it to parliament without reservation
- Birth date mismatch problem isn’t going away soon
- Few women elected to parliament under FPTP
- Six women elected to parliament under FPTP system
- Tall poll promises!